ACADEMIC CALENDAR for 2017-2018
Tuesday, September 5th First Day of School
Thursday, October 19th Diwali
Friday, November 10th Veteran’s Day
Thursday, November 23th Thanksgiving
Friday, November 24th Thanksgiving
December 25th – January 5th Winter Break
Monday, January 15th Martin Luther King Day
Monday, February 19th President’s Day
Tuesday, February 20th President’s Day
Monday, April 9th to Friday, April 13th Spring Break
Monday, May 28th Memorial Day
Thursday, June 21st Graduation Day. Last day of Regular School
Monday, June 25th – Friday August 10th Summer School
Monday, August 20th Fall Session, for 2018 Begins
Our policies serve as guidelines for parents and teachers to ensure a safe and conducive environment for the children in which they can learn and grow, preparing themselves for a great future ahead
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition is payable in the first three school days of each month. Checks should be made payable to “Lotus Learners Montessori”. Payment not received in time is subject to a late fee of $5 per day. If a check is returned, a $25 fee will be assessed.
- Payment is due if you have agreed to use a certain block of time whether or not the child actually attends during those times. All absences by children are payable.
- There will be no ‘make up’ day, if the child is absent for any reason.
- If the child is absent for two weeks, full tuition for the month is due. Seventy five percent of the tuition is due and if the child is absent for more than two weeks.
- If you go on a vacation for a week or more, the payable amount for the month is required before hand.
- A student may be withdrawn at anytime with a 30 day prior written notice. If tuition has been paid in full for the school year, fees will be prorated and the balance refunded based upon tuition paid without discount. Material fee is non-refundable.
- The registration fee is non-refundable and is taken as a commitment for reserving a spot for the child.
- Students enrolled in extended care must be picked up before 5:00 PM or 6:00 PM depending on the selected enrollment plan. There is a 5 minute grace period after which there will be a $25 late fee for every 15 minutes. The sign out time determines the amount of this late fee and will be applied to the following month’s tuition and fee statement.
ENROLLMENT, PICK UP & DROP OFF
- Upon assessing the developmental and emotional capabilities of the child, if we find that the child is not ready for the program, we reserve the right to terminate the agreement within 15 days with refund of any prepaid tuition.
- Authorized pickup persons must sign in and sign out the child each day. If we feel a parent or a guardian is unable to physically drive an automobile we will not release the child and another adult will be notified.
- Any change of information on the school records should be conveyed immediately. This includes name or address changes, vaccinations, new health conditions, allergies, etc.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- California State Law requires that all children should be properly immunized to prevent the spread of certain contagious diseases.
- Please inform us if your child has any signs of illness at the time of drop off. If we notice any signs of illness, a parent will be informed and the child will be isolated until he/she is picked up.
- If a child is contagious, i.e. infection, fever, coughing, vomiting etc. the child will not be allowed to attend until he or she is healthy as determined by us.
- No medication will be administered to the child unless we have received a signed consent form.
- Fire and earthquake drills are conducted throughout the year. Should an emergency occur while the child is at school, you will be notified immediately and be asked to pick up your child if need be.
- We encourage our parents to pack healthy lunch options for their child. Items with high sugar and fat content should be avoided and beverage options should be limited to milk or water. Lunch should be packed in a sturdy lunch box which is easy to open or close.
- Since we believe in recycling and reducing waste, we encourage parents to use reusable containers, silverware, cloth napkins, etc.
- All items brought to school must be clearly labeled with the child’s name. This includes jackets, change of clothes, lunch box, nap time sheet and blanket.
- Children should be dressed in clean and comfortable clothing that is appropriate for all types of activities and play they will engage in throughout the day.
- Comfortable low heeled and closed toe shoes are required for safety and practicality. As we encourage children to be independent, attention should be given to children who are not ready to tie their own shoes. Shoes with Velcro are encouraged for children as they are easy to slip on.
- The following items should not be brought to school – cosmetics, candy or gum, toys or toy weapons, jewelry, valuables.
- The child is required to get a child size sheet and blanket for naptime which would fit in a small backpack.
We encourage to keep the lines of communication open and would appreciate any productive feedback to improve the overall program of our school.